Tuesday, January 12, 2010

3 month pics

I really wrestled with whether or not I should make an appointment somewhere to get Madelyn's 3 month pictures taken. I knew I would not be happy with department store pics (nor was I ready yet to have Maddie exposed to the germy props since she just got over her cold). On the other hand, it did not seem practical (financially speaking) to pay a pro to come take some at our house considering I want 6 month, 9 month and 12 month pics done as well. See the predicament I was in?

After a little encouragement, I decided I would give it a shot myself.
It's not like I don't take tons of pics of her everyday anyway...these would just be more formal in nature.

Madelyn and I spent our morning utilizing the natural morning light in the sun room and ended up with some really sweet shots of the baby girl. It's kind of hard to get a bad shot of such a cute little thing anyways.

Here are a few of my favorites after I played with them in photoshop...

*****

*****

*****

*****

I definitely wish I was a little better with the manual settings on my camera (considering the first half of my pics seemed to be a little out of focus because of a silly mistake), but I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I can't wait to print them tomorrow so we can hang them in her room!

What do you think?

Madelyn has really started to talk a lot (like her mommy) these days...whenever I whip out the flip video camera to film her she stops...just about every single time.

Not tonight...see for yourself...


8 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!!! She is ADORABLE!!! Can't believe she is already 3 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!!

    Love you all,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    ~Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics. Great job, Kathryn -- I knew you could do it.

    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so good! If you ever need any other subjects to practice with I have 3 little boys that I think are pretty cute!:) Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! I love the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! I love the pictures...would you like to come to Indiana and take some of Emma? :) It's only a few hours away(maybe a little more..haha)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Super cute - great job - love the video too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THEM!!! You did a wonderful job! Those are way, way better than anything you'd get at a box studio. See, I knew you could do it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter