Friday, January 15, 2010

friends

Most of my closest friends also share the title "sister", "mom", "sister-in-law" and of course, "husband". I love that my family makes up the majority of my dearest friends. I talk to them all at least once a day (sometimes 2 or 3 or 10).

I also love that I have a few close friends that might as well share the title "sister". We may not talk every day, but even if 3 weeks go by without talking, we always pick right back up where we left off.

Jenna is one of those few. Today, she and her 3 boys came by to hang out with Maddie and I for a little while. It was so refreshing just to sit around and talk while the kiddos played. I always love our conversations. She is constantly sharing new ideas or things the Lord has laid upon her heart with me. The best part about our friendship...I don't feel like I have to have a spotless house when she comes over or makeup on for that matter. Yesterday I didn't have either and it didn't matter to her one bit.

Her youngest, Kolson, is 7 months old. Here he is putting the moves on Madelyn...

As she said, leave it to the preacher's kid to move too fast :)

They are so cute together and I hope they become good friends!

Karter (with the beautiful curly red hair) and Kaiden pretty much entertained themselves playing the Wii and with some of Madelyn's toys!

They are so precious. I am so glad they stopped by...I had not seen Jenna in person since she visited Madelyn in the NICU.

I am thankful for our friendship and a fun afternoon of adult conversations!

Pretty soon we will be loading (I may have over packed a tad...but what's new) to head to Oklahoma City to spend time with my Grandma and mom's side of the family! I cannot wait!

I hope Madelyn is a good little traveler!

1 comment:

  1. He's a little too young to "stop short and make the grab"! I think he actually just laid hands to heal her reflux. ;) I love keeping up with your sweet family! Yall are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter