Saturday, January 16, 2010

first road trip

Thursday night my mom and my sister had to come over for a little play time with Madelyn.

Apparently a week without the little booger around is going to be more than they can handle...I completely understand :)

After they left I tackled the job of packing...and boy did I pack...while Luke and Madelyn got some shut eye.

We had a few errands to run around town before we could get on the road, but once we did it was smooth sailing. We did not have too many places where traffic slowed down and only had to make one stop for Madelyn (on top of the two for me-haha)!


Luke took this picture of Madelyn in the car and if you look close you can see that her right eye is predominately brown while her left eye is still blue. So cute!

She was such a good traveler. She slept the whole way until I laughed so loud that I woke her up!

She even slept through her first crossing of state lines. Luke and I hope she likes to travel because we hope to take lots of family trips together!

Our little family of three arrived yesterday evening to my Grandma's house in OKC after about 5 1/2 hours on the road. I wish I had videoed Madelyn as Luke pulled her out of the car seat. She just stretched and stretched. It was so cute.

She went straight from the car seat into MeeMaw Fee's arms...


It was so neat for Madelyn to get to meet some of her OK family. My Aunt Sharon, Uncle Mike, cousin Beth, and Aunt Nancy (who I somehow managed to not get a picture of-I am sure there will be more chances later though) all came over to see Luke and I Madelyn.

To say that she was the center of attention would probably be an understatement.

Here she is with her second cousin, Beth.

Last night (after sleeping pretty much all day) she seemed a little fussy and as though her reflux was acting up a bit. I didn't expect her to sleep much because of how little she had been awake, but she dozed off around 10:30pm. Her monitor went off once not long after. I resituated her and it went off again. Then again. It was a little unnerving considering each time it went off she took some pretty big gasps afterwards. The good news, if each of them were actual apnea events, she came out of them without stimulation from us. I knew I wouldn't sleep a wink if I was not hold her, so we left Luke with the bed to himself and spent the rest of the night in the recliner. She did not have another episode, which was great! I have a hunch that her reflux was so bad yesterday from keeping her in her car seat except for about 20 minutes the whole trip. I was not thinking and should have made more stops to take her out and stretch a little. I guess I know that now for the ride home!

This morning we had to get Luke down to the Amtrak station so that he could return to Texas for church tomorrow. I wish he could have stayed but I am so thankful for him bringing us up here. He is so selfless. He was only in town for a little over 14 hours!! I know Madelyn is going to miss her daddy but we will get to talk to him via skype! Thank goodness for technology. My mom was kind enough to drive to Fort Worth to pick him up! Thanks, mom!

Our morning so far has been filled with bath time in the kitchen sink...

Aren't those rolls amazing? She is such a cute little chunker!

Bath time was followed by some cuddle time with MeeMaw Fee.

Right now the little munchkin is taking a nap in her nap nanny. She is such a good little napper. She takes about a 2-3 hour nap everyday at lunch and then little 15-30 minutes power naps whenever she pleases!

I am so glad to be here. I know we will enjoy every minute of spending time with family. I am not sure really what we will be up to other than relaxing in good company but you can count on the paparazzi to take awholelotta pictures...that's for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know that Amtrak stops in Mineola? That is only 35 minutes from Tyler! Try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVEEEEEEEEE those rolls!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that bath picture made me chuckle. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter