Monday, January 18, 2010

Just a Monday in OKC

Madelyn's night last night was the best that she has had since we have been here! Her alarm did not go off at all. I just have to say, I needed that. I was beginning to let fear creep in on me. She had done so well and gone so long without any "episodes" and then it seemed like every time we laid her down she had one. She did have a minor choking/gagging spell during the evening time and took a long pause (which I think made everyone in the room a bit nervous) but it wasn't too bad. I'm just grateful for a night of no alarms.

I think she thought the last few nights of getting to be held by mommy at some point was fun because at about 2am she woke up...wide eyed and talkative. Her happy chatting would soon turn to whimpers. I told myself not to give in and pick her up until it was a cry. That's hard for this softy. As soon as she would cry I would sit up. You know what that little booger would do? Smile. The biggest ear-to-ear grin I have ever seen. I even think I heard a giggle one time. I totally got worked over by a nearly 4 month old. Her little game lasted about an hour. I know all the books say not to talk to them in the middle of the night so they will know it is not awake time...but I can't help it. Of course last night all I was telling her was that she was a trickster and that mommy needed some sleep. Apparently she didn't care.

This morning we joined my Grandma on her walk at the mall.I love when Madelyn makes this face...
I have only caught it on camera twice...but both pictures are pretty much priceless.

Our first stop on our "walk" was Pottery Barn Kids. Love that store.
I have had my eye on the "My First Year" frame there for a while, but don't want to/can't spend $60 on it. I think I will buy a mat large enough and have it cut at hobby lobby in their frame department! I already have the perfect frame at home! That store has SO many good ideas.

I have also had my eye on this Pancake Pen from Williams-Sonoma. It's only $10 and I know it will be fun to use with Madelyn in the future.
After Madelyn's lunch time nap she and her Daddy talked via Skype (seriously-if you have out of town family, you NEED skype. All you need is a web cam and you can video chat for free!!!). I propped her up on her boppy pillow in the chair and she LOVED seeing her Daddy and hearing his voice.I know this next picture is blurry...but I love it anyway...She just kept her eyes on him and kicked and grinned the whole time.I know he misses his girl, so it was pretty neat to be able to talk to him AND see his face!Madelyn met another one of her second cousins today, Ryan. I think she knows when someone new is around because she kept looking for him when she heard his voice.Ryan and I are only a few days apart. It was kind of strange thinking about all the times that all of the cousins spent having slumber parties, running around the backyard and hanging out at Grandma's house...and here I am with one of my own. It seems a bit surreal. When does the "oh my gosh, I have a child" wear off? Or should it have already??Tonight (like most nights this week) Madelyn is snuggling with Grandma. She has been falling asleep much earlier than at home (like 6 or 7 and maybe waking up for an hour or so later in the evening) and sleeping until about 8am. Since I am not very good at "sleep training" (or better yet-haven't really tried) I think this trip will be good for her schedule!She sure loves her Great Grandmother. Something tells me the feeling is mutual.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet pictures! What fun it must be for Luke to be able to see Madelyn while he is talking to her! Her pictures are so cute...everything she does reminds me so much of what Emma did(especially the drama stuff you mentioned in your post before this one!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe the word I had to type in to leave you a reply on here just now was "divine"?? What a perfect word!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such sweet pictures of madelyn and your grandmother. my grandmother passed away 7 yrs ago and i miss her so much!! oh how i wish she could have met my sweet girls. what precious memories you have of madelyn and her great granny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter