Saturday, January 16, 2010

in good company

Since Madelyn was born, Luke and I have not really been apart much. I think I stayed the night once at my mom and dad's when family was visiting...but he left there late just to return early the next day. Tonight will be sort of strange without him. He has been by my side. Encouraging me. Post surgery he cleaned my incision without thinking twice about it. When Madelyn was in the special care nursery, he would walk with me and sit for hours in the middle of the night when I didn't think I had it in me to go alone. He held me when Madelyn stopped breathing. He reminded me of his love for me...the Father's love for me...constantly. When we brought her home, he slept on the couch while we were in the recliner. He has been the strength of our relationship from the beginning. The last four months especially.

I miss him already, but I am so thankful to spend time with family. To make memories with family who celebrated our pregnancy...prayed and encouraged us with their words and well wishes while Madelyn recovered...and is enjoying their turn at doting over her.

It has been a fun, relaxing day around here. The weather is a bit dreary, but it has been nice to sit around in good company and enjoy the day inside.

Have you ever seen a cuter centerp
iece?Madelyn got the honor of being the first baby that Beth has changed their diaper!
She did an awesome job if I do say so myself (and thankfully Madelyn didn't give her any surprises!).

Madelyn had fun playing on the floor with her Great (in more ways than one-cheesy but true) Aunt Nancy.
Tonight we are enjoying a quiet night around the house. Madelyn has been hanging out on her MeeMaw Fee's lap for a few hours now...
She started snoozing a few minutes ago. I feel like I could snooze already too and it's not even 9pm. Yikes.

While Madelyn has been hanging out with my Grandma I have been reading through a great stack of Magazines thanks to my aunt...

The one on top got me excited about Valentine's parties at school some day for Madelyn. I have always wanted to be "home room mom". Haha. But seriously...my mom ALWAYS sent us to school with the cutest (and tastiest) goodies every holiday and sometimes just because. My teachers all raved about her baking. Oh the fun that is in store...

I think it has been good that I have not had wireless internet for my laptop since I have been here. I was pretty consumed with looking at the pictures of the aftermath in Haiti. Instead of looking at the pictures, feeling helpless and fortunate all at the same time, I have been able to pray for them. It's been on my mind almost every spare moment. Especially since I saw this picture...on the Hands and Feet project's website. Click on the "Hands and Feet" to read about the ministry of the lead singer of Audio Adrenaline and his family's ministry in Haiti.

Do you see the crib? In the middle of the street? At night?

Oh, how my heart longs to scoop that babe up into my arms and cuddle them close as I do Madelyn. For now I cannot, but there are other things I CAN do.

Pray.

Give.

You can too.

"Nobody made a greater mistake than the one who did nothing because they could only do a little" -Edmund Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter