Monday, January 25, 2010

So much to say...

**Finally figured out what was wrong with my blogger account-something to do with picture sizes so I finally can post the blogs from the past couple of days**

I feel like I have a lot to say. Nothing highly important. No earth shattering news. Just several different things that are pretty unrelated in nature. I guess the only thing that ties them all together is that I have something to say about them. Here it goes I guess...

Sunday my sister, Madelyn and I made the trip home from OKC together. It was sad leaving, but once we were on the road I was so ready to see Luke! I always love the time I get to spend there with family. Madelyn enjoyed some play time with her MeeMaw Fee before we left.
I love this picture of Madelyn and my Grandma...She was giggling and burying her face in my Grandma. So sweet.

My Aunt Nancy came to make us breakfast and see us off too.
We hit the road a little after noon and Madelyn was asleep pretty quickly after that. She is such a good little car rider. Aside from one horrible reflux episode near Terrell that left her screaming (worse than I have ever heard-so sad) for about 15 minutes, she did really well. Her alarm went off once in the middle of bumper to bumper Dallas traffic. A little nerve racking but she recovered from it quickly and on her own.About 10 minutes after we made it to the house, Luke walked in the door from church. Swoon. I get that little feeling inside that makes me all nervous every time we are apart and I see him again for the first time.

Madelyn was super excited to see him too. She had the biggest grin when he started talking to her. He sure does love his girl. My mom came by also to see the little one. I am thinking it will be a while before we even consider moving. Ha!

Despite sleeping all day in the car, Madelyn slept all night! She is a sleeping champ (she gets that from her daddy)!!

A couple of years ago my mom discovered that Kohl's has a program called "Kohl's Cares For Kids" (click it and you will see more info about the program). Every so often they put out a set of hard back books with a matching stuffed animal for $5 each!! You can't even buy a paperback book for $5 these days. They are almost always really good, timeless books and the stuffed animals are pretty big! The best part about it is that 100% of the profit goes to the Kohl's Cares program. Mom got these two Dr. Seuss books for Madelyn since they already seem to be her favorite.
I love children's books. I love a good deal. I love the Kohl's Cares for Kids program that they have set up. They make great gifts ($10 for the set) and they go to a great cause!

Madelyn had a surprise in the mail today. I really had a surprise in the mail today. There was a big box from Pottery Barn Kids on the doorstep tonight that was addressed to Madelyn Kate Bilberry. I kept thinking, "Did I order something in my sleep?? How am I going to explain this to Luke?". My eyes started to water when inside the big box was one that read, "First Year Frame". On the invoice it said, "We can't wait to meet you!!! Lisa, Kyle, Hadley and Baby Holland". Some sweet friends ordered Madelyn the first year frame that I have oohed and aahed over since the day I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it. When I opened the inside box to look at the frame, her name was at the top. I am teary eyed just typing about it. This is something that I know will be treasured for many years to come and I cannot believe we can already fill four of those slots.

Thank you, Holland family. Your thoughtfulness won't soon be forgotten. We love you guys and anxiously await the arrival of your second little one.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift! I love that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out www.bandangels.net/free to get a box of these precious bandaids. They have 4 different scriptures on them. I bought some while @ MOPS convention & love them. The offer is limited to the first 1000 responses. *Hint* For toddlers bandaids become stickers. Hadley thinks she needs a bandaid on every part of her body! These are really awesome though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter