Tuesday, January 26, 2010

4 months

My Sweet Madelyn,
You turned four months old on Sunday. We were traveling home that day from your first road trip to Oklahoma City so I am just now writing you your four month letter. You were definitely loved on and doted over by your Great Grandma (MeeMaw Fee as her Great Grandkids call her), Great Aunts and Uncles, and cousins! Every morning we were there, you would talk to your MeeMaw Fee while she and I ate breakfast at the table. You are such a good traveler. I hope that you continue to enjoy riding in the car because your Daddy and I have many places we would like to take you.

This month has held so many new and exciting things for you. It has also brought us closer to the peak of your reflux problems (we hope)! Yesterday we went to your four month appointment with your pediatrician.
You weighed in at 14 pounds 12 ounces!!! My goodness you have grown! You are 24 & 3/4 inches long! (Can you let Mommy have just an inch of the nearly SIX inches you have grown in just four months? Thanks in advance!) The doctor said you were the perfect height for your weight and in the 75th percentile! We are so thankful that with all your reflux problems you do not have a problem gaining weight :) You have a little flat spot on your head. You have always favored laying your head to the right side so we have to work on that. It's going to be tough considering you got pretty mad at me this morning when I wedged your head to the left. I showed you a picture of a "baby helmet" like the one you will have to wear if we don't work on this on the computer today and you laughed. I told you it wasn't really a laughing matter and you laughed harder. Silly girl.
Everywhere we go people try to see who you look more like. At first you looked just like my baby pictures. Now, I think you look just like your Daddy! Especially when you makes faces like that...You have started to laugh a lot. I thought your were laughing before...but those were just precious little giggles. Now, you laugh and laugh at the silliest things. Everyone around you loves to try to make you laugh because it is just about the most adorable sound ever. Lately you don't even need anyone else to make you laugh...just a mirror...You adore your Daddy. In the afternoon when you hear his voice, you grin from ear to ear. I can tell you are delighted that he is home. Every night the two of you share some play time together on the floor. He calls you his "Baby Boo". You have him wrapped around your little finger already and I pray your bond only continues to grow with time.
It seems like every day you are doing something new. You don't like to be leaned back when you are held unless you are really sleepy. You are constantly grunting and trying to pull yourself into a sitting position. It's been quite some time since you sat in your bouncy seat (because you don't like to just lean back) so I finally put it away last night. You seem to like your exersaucer a lot. Next we will get out the jumperoo!
You are now on three different medicines (you take two three x/day and one two x/day). One of them has to be dissolved in water for you to take it so we give it to you in a little medi bottle. Lately you have been wanting to hold it yourself!
Last week I thought you needed to move up to size two diapers but after a few leaks I realized you need to grow little more before we move on from the 1-2's. You are mainly wearing 3-6 month clothing with a few 0-3 outfits that still fit and look adorable on you!

You love to play on your back and when we hold you up to stand on your feet. You always seem so happy that you are able to accomplish this task! We keep joking that you may walk before you roll over! You jabber constantly. No more coos for you. My favorite is when you say, "mamamamama". Such a sweet sound to my ears!

This month you also starred in a commercial for Mother Frances Hospital. We love Mother Frances and are so proud that you are a part of something to bring awareness to how excellent their patient care is...

Recently you gave Mommy and Daddy a scare. Your reflux has been so much more painful for you lately and I always wish that I could make it better! I wish it was my problem-not yours. I know that is not possible for now, but I hope you know how much we pray for your healing. For God to take away your pain and make you feel better.

You are my sunshine little one.
You light up my life. Happy four months, Madelyn Kate. I love you.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Madelyn-the cutest TV star in Texas!! I love the picture with her sticking her tongue out-that made me laugh out loud!! So glad to hear her appt went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet Maddie girl. She will cherish these words someday. What fun to see her on TV!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are such (precious) silly girls!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter