Wednesday, November 4, 2009

{better days}

This has been by far the best birthday that I have ever had. This year I was given the most amazing present. She is 9 pounds (yes...you read that right...9 lbs!!!) and 21 1/2 inches of pure goodness.
To top it off. She made my day even better. Madelyn had a great day today. After the day we had yesterday, I really needed her to have a good day. It was so kind of her to have a good day on my birthday. It would have been the pits to have a hurting baby girl on my birthday. It's the pits any day that she hurts but it really would have been the pits today.This is her singing happy birthday to me. She is so smart. It sounded about like this, "ooh. ungh. ungh."
This is the birthday card she picked out for me (with a little help from Grandma of course). She is so considerate.She signed her name and everything. She really outdid herself.She even enjoyed some time on her play mat...
in the bouncer chair
taking pictures with Mommy
hanging out in Grandma's lap
and holding hands with Grandma while I enjoyed yummy dinner from Olive Garden!!

Today was awesome. I know that the reality is that Madelyn will probably have more days of inconsolable screaming for 8 HOURS (plus) like we had yesterday because of the pesky reflux, but I am so thankful that today was a better day for her.

To top it all off, I got to look at these beautiful fall flowers from my amazing husband all day.
I took Madelyn to the doctor today to discuss the next step in treating her reflux. After the weight check that revealed our little one is a 9 pounder, the doctor wrote the prescription for the next medicine we are going to try. Unfortunately the manufacturer has stopped making it in liquid form so I will have to call in the morning to see if he is going to write it to be compounded or try something else. He said if she continues to get progressively worse and is not improving in 10 days we will go see the pediatric gastroenterologist in Dallas that read her pH probe. Our prayer is that we don't have to meet him face to face and this new medicine (if we can get it) will do the trick!! Considering her doctor said it was almost laughable (not funny...just that bad) how bad the pH probe proved her reflux to be, her good days have been more frequent than one would expect.

Did I mention my sweet baby girl had a great day?? Did I mention I have had an awesome day?? Goodness gracious, I am thankful for good days!!

*Kathryn

8 comments:

  1. May God to continue to bless ya'll w/ many, many more good days and Happy, Happy Birthdays!!! Good luck w/ the new meds and not having to go to Dallas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday present to have a singing 9 pounder who's having a good day to boot! I thought she looked like she was starting to fill out but wouldn't have guessed 9 lbs. Nice to know that in spite of her reflux she is doing well.

    So glad you had a great day, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next medicine does the trick.

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Maddie! You can definatly tell shes chunking it up! Her little face is becoming more round....she absolutly beautiful! So glad that even with refux she can eat! I am so glad you had an amazing day, it help to have one of those in beetween the bad ones to keep spirits up and just make days go by a little easier! Im praying that the nw meds will work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday. She's almost caught up to my girls' birth weights: 9 lb 7 oz and 9 lb 4 oz. Glad you all had a good day, hope there are more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! I am glad that Maddie had a good day and wow is she growing!:) Can't wait to see her! Kolson must think she is pretty cute...he is talking to the screen while I am reading!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Madelyn is adorable. Enjoy every moment. I can't believe Hadley is already only 3 months away from 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Kathryn!!! So glad you were blessed with a good day and little Madelyn was too.

    Love you,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Late Birthday Kathryn! I just love your blog. I look forward to the pictures everyday. You're little girl is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter