Friday, November 6, 2009

{Cousins}

Madelyn has had a really good day. This morning she and Luke spent some daddy daughter time together while I went to the dentist. My wisdom teeth have decided to make an appearance, despite the fact that there is not room for them in my mouth. Ouch. Yuck. Give me a break. So I went in to see what the game plan is for getting them taken care of. You know it's been quite some time since you slept in your bed...any bed at that...when the dentist chair is comfy enough to fall asleep in. While I was gone Luke and Madelyn played on the floor, she hung out in her swing some and then fell asleep in his arms. He is such a good daddy.


This afternoon we all took a much needed nap! Then tonight, Allison came to hang out with us (we are still at my mom & dad's house until tomorrow when we head home) while my brother took my sister-in-law and Emily to the football game. I know I say this every time I post a picture of Allison, but she is just a smiling little beauty!I love this picture of Allison and Madelyn "holding hands" while Allison's other hand is holding mine.
She had fun exploring her baby cousin. Madelyn loved watching Allison. Before Madelyn was in the bouncy chair Allison attempted to get in it herself. Needless to say her attempt was unsuccessful.
Allison even tried to share her paci with Madelyn.
It was such a great night hanging out with the two youngest cousins. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood are the trips we took to Oklahoma City to spend time with my Grandma and aunts, uncles and cousins. Slumber parties at Grandma's house were the best. I vividly remember us all begging to spend the night together so that we could stay up late giggling, watching movies, playing games and just hanging out. I have no idea how she managed all of us hoodlums at once. Ha! It was usually at least 4 at a time, if not more. I am so glad she did though. I look forward to these two little beauties and Emily begging to spend time together.
We were able to get Madelyn's latest medicine today. Now the challenge is working out a new medicine schedule. She is on 2 meds that need to be taken 3 times a day and 1 that is once daily and it is best if they are all staggered and not taken together. Before this one was added I had alarms set on my phone to remind me. Unfortunately I don't have 7 alarm settings on my phone, so we will have to get creative with the meds!

Our latest purchase made at 3 am a week ago out of desperation to help Madelyn sleep somewhere else other than in our arms as we sit in a recliner arrived tonight! I will share more about this tomorrow. For now I am praying that it works!!!

Tomorrow is a big day of fun as Madelyn gets her pictures taken! Off to get our beauty sleep...wishful thinking I know...it doesn't hurt to dream :)

*Kathryn

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a great day!!! Praying for many more just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nieces have the greatest aunt! Looks like you could handle 2 or three kuds with out even flinching!! Cant wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat... the pics of you with the girls are beautiful. Glad Maddie had a good day and got some cuz time. We have to break her in early!!!! Love you, Rach

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter