Wednesday, November 25, 2009

moments like this

There are some moments that you will never forget. The kind that no matter how many days go by you will remember every intimate detail of that moment. The smell of the room. What you were wearing. Who you were sitting next to. I had one of those moments yesterday.

My sister was on the couch typing on her computer. My Grandma was in the recliner rocking Madelyn. I was in the kitchen talking to Emily.

"Aunt Kathryn, can we listen to Maddie's song? I listen to it every day on the way to school."

It took me a second.

"I know every word. I sing it all the time."

Then I got it.


"Will you turn it on."

I turned the iPod to Kari Jobe singing, "Healer", Maddie's song as Emily calls it.

Emily sat at the bar next to the stereo drawing in her notebook while she waited for the song to come on. I walked back into the living room where Grandma was rocking Madelyn and Rachel was on the computer. I couldn't take my eyes off the sweet site of my 86 year old Grandma doting over my 2 month old miracle baby.

Then I heard this sweet little 5 year singing along to Maddie's Song.

If you listen close, you can hear the sweetness of her voice as my Grandma rocks Madelyn.





Moments like this I will never forget.

1 comment:

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter