Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two Months

Dear Madelyn Kate,
Today we celebrated YOU as you reached your two month milestone. Two months. It feels like just yesterday I was waking up at 3am on the day of your birth because I was so excited to meet you. Now I am waking up at 3am to hold you close and nurse you. I can't think of anything I would rather be doing at 3am. In just the last couple of days you have started to space out your feedings more. Instead of two hours from the start of one feeding to the start of the next you are going almost 2-3 hours in between each feeding. Your pediatrician says you definitely don't have a nutrition problem. You have gained 3 pounds this month as you now weigh 10 pounds 13 ounces! I am so thankful that you don't spit up very much and are able to keep most of the milk down despite your reflux (although today you picked the worst time to spit up the largest amount you ever have on your Grandpa when he stopped by this morning on his way to work-good thing he loves you so much).

Just the other day you outgrew some of your newborn sleepers. Your little legs were just too long for them anymore (it's hard to believe you have grown almost 3 inches in just two months). Even though some of them still fit we have just about moved you up to all 0-3 months clothes. You have also moved up to size one diapers! All this growing...it happens so fast. Too fast for me.

In the last week or so you have really started to smile a lot. Oh. my. goodness. Your smile is beautiful and so full of life. Sometimes I have to work hard for your smiles and then sometimes you dish them out freely. Either way, it is worth it every time! You also have started to be pretty vocal. I love to hear all the sounds you make. I really love it when you make a new sound because your eyes get really big as though you are surprised you made it! You really start "talking" up a storm when your daddy lays next to you on the floor.

As for sleeping...you sleep great!
You just don't like to sleep at night anywhere other than in my arms. Occasionally you will go up to 4 hours sleeping in your Nap Nanny in our bedroom...the rest of the night it's you and me in the recliner! Surprisingly, we both get a lot of sleep this way. Unfortunately this isn't exactly the best of habits so next week we plan to work on this. During the day you love to sit in your swing, play together on the floor, swat at the barn animals Grandma bought you for your bouncy seat, and do chores with me as I tote you around in your baby sling. You still do not like tummy time. I am not sure you will ever like tummy time.

You are such a good baby. You rarely cry. We only hear it when you are hungry (and oh man do we hear it...you aren't a sit down restaurant kind of girl...you are a fast food kind of girl), if your reflux is acting up, you are gassy, or you have a dirty diaper! Seriously. Very few cries a day. I hope you keep this up!

You love to snuggle. We love to snuggle. You, your daddy and I are a perfect match. 3 of a kind.

Last week you were able to say goodbye to your apnea monitor. This has taught your mom a thing or two about faith. Actually, God has used you to teach me a couple hundred "things or two" about faith. I am grateful.

Today was extra special as you spent more time with your Great Grandma McAfee...
and your Aunt Rachel...They have waited so long to meet you and prayed for you much.

This afternoon I gave you a bath as your Great Grandma looked on. You just ooohed and ahhhed and splashed your feet in the water! I have a feeling you are going to be quite the fish like your daddy.
I love this picture of your cousin and Great Grandma. Precious...and so is this one as they helped me get some of my Christmas decorating done...
Tonight everyone gathered together at Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. You were surrounded by your Great Grandma, Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, Mommy, Aunt Rachel, Aunt Marlo, your cousins and your Uncle Jarrod. He thinks you are pretty sweet (comb over hair and all)...
Allison loves to "love the baby". You two are going to have so much fun together when you get older. I can't wait to see all the trouble you two create when you are together.

Before your Aunt Rachel left for her world adventure she and Alli were buddies. Alli loved her Aunt Rachel and would not even think about coming to me when Rach was around. Since she has been gone Alli has decided she likes me, but I know it made Aunt Rachel's heart melt when Alli snuggled up to her...These girls can't wait until you are old enough to really play. They are so full of life and energy. You are blessed to have such precious cousins in your life.

Happy 2 Months, Madelyn Kate. You are my sunshine. I look forward to many more months and years of celebrations and tender moments like this one...
You are our miracle girl...a precious one that we promise to treasure for the rest of our lives. As your Grandma always tells me, we love you to the moon and back, little one.

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord."
Psalm 127:3

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2 months Madelyn Kate! We are so thankful for you and all you have brought to our family. I am looking forward to many more special celebrations with you for birthdays and holidays.

    Love you,
    Aunt Kenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious....love all the pictures tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet pictures! Happy 2 month birthday, Madelyn! She is growing so fast--and it only goes faster! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I absolutely look forward to reading your blogs every day and love watching that precious angel growing up. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter