Sunday, October 4, 2009

3 men & a baby!

Is this dangerous or what?? Look at those proud Grandpas with Madelyn and her daddy! Such a sweet picture of a tender moment with her 3 favorite men! I promise you have never heard 3 grown men talk in baby voices like these 3 have with her! This little girl is so loved by so many people. Time and time again I reminded that more than the love that we have for her, Jesus loves her so much more. His love for her is perfect and unfailing. His love for you is perfect and unfailing.
This morning Madelyn got a bed upgrade! Since she is able to maintain her body temperature she lost the fancy bed with all the gadgets and is now in a plain old crib!! Praise the Lord! The doctor came in this morning to check on the little princess. She said she is looking great and they are just going to monitor her for the next 24 hours. She has a hearing test this afternoon and has to pass the "car seat challenge". They have all the babies sit in their car seats for an hour before they are allowed to be discharged to make sure they maintain their oxygen saturation and respirations since they are sitting up. She is resting in Luke's arms right now.

Last night as I was spending time sitting with my little sweetie, it was just the two of us in her room for hours. It was the first time that we were able to spend that much time alone with her. The curtain to our room was drawn. It was an intimate moment that I never knew how much I had been missing. I held her close to my skin. Kissed her. Told her how much I loved her. Prayed for her. Just as it has the last week, her ipod played through songs her daddy picked out for her. Of course it played through her favorites, but then the song "Come and Listen" by David Crowder Band came through the speakers...

Come and listen, come to the water's edge,
all you who know and fear the Lord.
Come and listen,
come to the water's edge all you who are thirsty, come.

Let me tell you what He has done for me.
Let me tell you what He has done for me,
He has done for you,
He has done for us.

Come and listen,
come and listen to what He's done.
Come and listen,
come and listen to what He's done.

Praise our God for He is good.
Praise our God for He is good.
Praise our God for He is good.
Praise our God for He is good.

He has done for me,
He has done for you,
He has done for us.

Come and listen,
come and listen to what He's done.
Come and listen,
come and listen to what He's done.



How blessed we are to be able to share what He has done for us. We are looking forward to a peaceful Sunday with our little miracle. I hope yours is just as special.

*Kathryn

6 comments:

  1. Kathryn, thank you so much for sharing Madelyn's day to day progress with us. Nathan started today's service (remember, we are on the radio, live) about the miracle of Madelyn and how this tiny baby girl has already won people to Christ. I'll make you a copy...you will LOVE IT! I'll pray for continued confidence as you all go home. What a blessing!
    Donna (Malakoff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet pictures! So glad all is going well. Believe me, we're enjoying our Sunday more knowing that you're enjoying yours with Maddie!

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn & Luke,

    Thank you so much for sharing the daily progress of Madelyn. When your dad called early one morning before I got out of bed, he apologized. I said, "No problem, just been lying here praying for Kathryn and baby." That was before Madelyn was born. Our friends were praying too! Therefore, it's so wonderful to see the miraculous answers to prayer.

    Madelyn's few weeks sure fit the words in Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet..." Truly, she has been a little prophet of God's glory!

    We love you all, and we'll keep up the prayers!

    Aunt Christina and Uncle George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn,
    I'd like to share something with your privately, but I don't have your email. Can you send me a quick note when you have a moment? Something incredibly special has come from this sweet little girl's life that you don't even know about yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those poor men don't have a chance!!!! I'm so glad that she is doing so well!! Hope she does well sitting in the car seat!!! ya'll are constantly on my mind and in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know we are praying for sweet Madelyn here in Louisiana. I hope all is well. I didn't go through all of the posts because it's been a while since I've been on here, but it sounded like y'all were still in the hospital. If so, any idea when you'll be able to go home?(acbourg@gmail.com) BTW, LOVE the bow holder!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter