Sunday, October 11, 2009

Many Faces of Madelyn

I have often heard it said that newborn babies only smile when they are passing gas. Madelyn smiles A LOT. I will leave you to make your own conclusions about that one. Aside from her smiles (which I happen to attribute to the fact that she loves her life), I am totally baffled that such a small little girl can have so many facial expressions. Here are just a few of the Many Faces of Madelyn:



While Luke was at church this morning and this evening, Madelyn, my mom and I hung out around the house. Actually, my mom was productive. If eating and sleeping falls in to the productive category, then Madelyn and I were productive also. I did manage to put on some real clothes for a little while today. For the most part, I have hung out in t-shirts and work out pants since we made it home from the hospital. No working out has taken place, they are just super comfy. Maybe next week some working out will take place (I just said that to make myself sound better). I realized since I have not put on real clothes I have avoided being in any pictures, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to take a picture with our little girl on her 6th day home from the hospital!When Luke got home from church tonight, he rushed in to see his little girl (this seems to be the new norm). He was so eager to have her in his arms that he even insisted on changing her diaper. Pretty awesome, huh? I absolutely love when she looks up at us!
My sweet hubby and our little one. Gosh, they are so cute.
Tomorrow, Madelyn and I are at home alone while Luke (and my mom) go to work. I am sure that we will continue with our streak of eating and sleeping. And sleeping some more. It has been such a relief to just be at home.

*Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. That pic of Luke laying down over Maddie just about made me cry. So sweet! Those daddy/baby pics have always been my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madelyn is so blessed to have such wonderful parents!! Nolan and I need to come by for a visit soon! Enjoy all the sleeping/snuggling together!! It goes by sooooooo fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, you've come through a great ordeal, so please be kind to yourself. God, "gently leads those who are with lambs." So ... let go of any performance standards that might rush your healing ... yes, I said healing ... you had major surgery and your baby was critically ill. So, Aunt Trish says ... mandatory 6-week rest period. The world can wait. Love you all and love experiencing your lives through your blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn,
    I agree with your Aunt Trish, you do need at least 6 weeks of rest, and it should probably be done in a warmer climate with access to authentic, home grown mexican food,SSSSSoooo Grandma Joyce gets a recliner and you and Maddie can have her room.

    Papa Shorty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter