Saturday, October 31, 2009

{reminders}

As I have mentioned before, Madelyn loves her music. While we have been staying at my parent's house, we have been listening to Sirius satellite radio so that Madelyn has her music going all night without draining the ipod. As I sit here at 3 am, holding my baby girl and comforting her as her reflux flares up, Glory Baby by Watermark just came through the speakers. My mind has been freed from the constant "what if's" and nightmares from the scary times in the beginning with Madelyn that have previously plagued me in my idleness. And then there are these moments. Moments when I hear a mother singing, "We miss you every day, we miss you in every way, but we know there's a day when we will hold you". Yet another reminder of how truly blessed I am to be able to hold this little one...how blessed we are to be a family of 3. I am so very thankful for these reminders. It's so easy to take what we have been gifted for granted. My prayer is that Luke and I are always aware of this gift we have in Madelyn Kate...this gift we have in each other.

*Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter