Monday, October 19, 2009

Blame it on the Huggies

Madelyn loves the new swing that Grandma bought her. More specifically, Madelyn loves to sleep in the swing that Grandma bought her. Mommy loves the swing that Grandma bought Madelyn. More specifically, Mommy loves to sleep while Madelyn sleeps in the swing that Grandma bought her.
I know what you are thinking. The above picture does not provide evidence of how much Madelyn loves to sleep in her swing. The fact that I am awake enough right now to write this blog is all the evidence that you need.


As a result of all that sleeping this little girl did this morning...she was wide eyed and ready to play this afternoon.
She was wide awake for almost 5 hours this afternoon!!!
I took the opportunity to take pics of the pretty little lady with her eyes open! It is so fun now that she is able to make eye contact and really follow you around...We had our first go at "tummy time" this afternoon. Madelyn was completely uninterested. She folded her arms up under her head and relaxed. There was no exercising of the neck muscles for our little girl. After about 10 minutes of "tummy time" I turned her over for more "paparazzi picture taking time". ((Random interjection...my sister-in-law subscribes to the "Blog of Unnecessary Quotation Marks" and I fear that some day my blogs will end up on there...oh well!))
I say this every day so I don't want to let anyone down and fail to mention it again today...Madelyn is growing so much each day. Her little face is changing all the time. Tonight she was still just as alert and spunky as every. She likes to play tricks on us. I personally think this is her best trick yet. Check out Luke's pants underneath her little hiney...Just in case you are having a hard time seeing, here is a close up...She sure is a little trickster! Yes, that is what you think it is. Yes, Luke did put that diaper on himself. Yes, the is that you think that is did relocate itself outside of the diaper that Luke put on Madelyn onto Luke's jeans. So, what's a father to do?? "You have got to buy some Pampers, Kathryn...I hate these Huggies!" Blame it on the diaper of course!! Ha :) I am still laughing.

Madelyn is still having reflux troubles and it makes us all so sad to watch. I wish I could do something more to help her. Other than that, she is doing well. All the 5,468 alarms that have sounded since we left the hospital on Thursday seem to be false. Praise the Lord! We took another walk around the block today...2 in fact. It is so nice outside...especially considering I have not seen much daylight since August 14...the day I was put on bed rest! We are so thankful for another good day, a beautiful little girl and having the opportunity to enjoy this life we have been given!

*Kathryn

5 comments:

  1. Tell luke the pampers are worse!! lol no gather in the back so it come from the top all the way up the back! Chris gets mad everytime Dax's does that, i just tell him, be thankful that he isnt constipated and crying and that we arent spending $30 a week on nasty stinky formula. After that a little slimmy poo is nothing! lol! I do have to say that she is getting more beatuiful each day! yall will have a problem in about 14 yrs!!! glad that she is doing soo well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....I use Huggies and I never had that accident...at least not my, my husband is a different story!! Madelyn is such a beauty! We finally got to go on a walk yesterday with the Emma, it has been too cold here! Glad that everything is going so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are going smoothly!! (As smoothly as they can w/ a newborn let a lone w/ a newborn w/ reflux and sleep apnea!) My vote is for the Huggies!! We used them almost all the way until Nolan was potty trained!! I did switch at the end to Target brand diapers - which seemed just as good!! Hope to meet Miss Madelyn soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget about switching diapers (even though I love Pampers Swaddlers)--just get a bucket of Oxyclean to remove the inevitable stains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke...LOL - I'm a pampers girl myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter