Tuesday, October 20, 2009

blame it on the diaper...take 2

Today has been one of those days. The kind where I have reflected so much that if I wrote about it tonight, it would be long, emotional and more than likely draining on all who would read it. So I will keep it short and sweet tonight. Or at least I will try!

Madelyn is such a trooper.
She really is a tough little girl. I am confident that if I had the reflux problems that she has I would cry...often. She does get a little fussy and pretty restless when her reflux is flaring up, but she does not cry and once it passes she is back to her happy little self.

I am sad to report that our little bundle of joy decided to teach her mommy a lesson today. Apparently you should wait at least 24 hours before making fun of husbands who have been pooped on due to their inability to put a diaper on correctly (I guess you really should not make fun of them at all...but then what fun would that be??). Had I followed that rule, I would not have to admit that I was not pooped on just once today, but twice. She sure is a tricky little thing! And after having used both Huggies and Pampers, I too will blame it on the diaper :)

Due to all of Madelyn's respiratory problems we have strictly followed the NICU doctor's advice to keep Madelyn's visitors to a bare minimum and to keep her at home as long as possible! Today was a treat (and an exception) as one of Madelyn's many sets of adoptive grandparents were in town and stopped by. Mawmaw and Pawpaw (aka Judy & Rex) came to get a glimpse of our little one...They are so special to us. They have been so supportive of Luke and I as a young couple while we were dating, celebrated with us when we became engaged, shared in the joy of our wedding and have stood by our sides with Madelyn! We have such an amazing support system and are so blessed that they are a part of that system!
We can't wait until Madelyn gets to go visit these two and their sweet family! We know that she will have tons of fun at Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house!
Madelyn is so fortunate that she will be surrounded by so many whose faith in the Lord is strong, commitment to Him deep and because of that their devotion to each other is steadfast. We have experienced that devotion by SO many...our amazing families...friends...church family...friends of friends and even strangers. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

*Kathryn

Ok...so it was not short and sweet as I promised...what can I say??

3 comments:

  1. We can attest that Pampers are the BEST. We had the same problems with Huggies, and now all we use are Pampers!! Ansley has bad reflux too, but not nearly the problems that Madelyn does. All I can say is I understand some of what you are going through, and to just hang in there!! It sounds like you guys are fantastic parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you so thankful for Rex and Judy? I just love them! Maybe Maddie is ready to move up to size 1 diapers...when my boys started to leak it usually ment it was time to move up!:) Hope you are having a great week! Give Maddie Kate a hug from us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter