Friday, October 23, 2009

thumb sucking princess

Since we have been home we have started to discover some of Madelyn's favorite things. Most recently, her thumb.She discovered this favorite all on her own. I guess this means we have a thumb sucking princess on our hands.
No one ever told me a thumb sucking newborn was so cute. Maybe that's because there has never been a cuter thumb sucking newborn.
She sleeps in the cutest little positions. Basically...she is just cute.
We let Madelyn have a little bare baby body time to air out her rash from her monitor strap ((definitely not from being bundled too tight by this overly cautious first time mom)). We still covered up those precious little toes with some of the most adorable little booties I have ever seen and one of her hats.
Emily and her entourage stopped by tonight on the way to the football game to get a peek at the baby cousin. She wanted to hold Madelyn so bad..."She stinks Kathryn. Do you have any more diapers, because her bottom really stinks??"
I have a hard time believing that Emily is old enough to be holding a baby. I have hard time believing that I am old enough to have a baby that my niece is old enough to hold. Where does time go??
Emily dropped off her baby sister for the evening and left her here with us. She had a blast hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa. You have never seen a child smile more than Allison. To top it off, you have never seen a child with a cuter smile. This little 13 month old exudes joy.
Well, I would love to tell you that last night we got some rest. That Madelyn only woke up to eat. That I only woke up to feed her. Unfortunately, Madelyn had a rough night with her reflux. I think she cried more last night than she has in the first 4 weeks of her life combined. I have decided the worst torture for a mom is to have a hurting baby that you can't seem to do anything to help. It was miserable. The good news is...today was so much better.

We are praying for some rest from the reflux for our little beauty.

*Kathryn

3 comments:

  1. I think I may have the cutest niece ever!! Can't wait to get back and see her! I'm sorry y'all had a rough night! Praying that tonight is better! Love ya!

    Kenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute when they discover new body parts!! especially their little fingers! her outfit is absolutely adorable!! We will pray for a restful night and for her medicine to start working!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the toes all spread out in the one pic. Baby toes are the best! Praying for your tiny toes. Hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter