Thursday, October 22, 2009

4 weeks

This morning we headed to the doctor for Madelyn's follow up visit from her discharge from the hospital. I know Madelyn is a good eater...trust me I know...but I was still super excited when she weighed in at 7 lbs. 12.5 oz.!! Despite her reflux, she has continued to gain weight (at a pretty fast rate) and for that we are so excited!
We also discussed possible options for how to treat Madelyn's reflux if the Zantac does not help in the next week or so. Her pediatrician had the results from the pH probe. They showed that Madelyn had episodes of reflux every 4 to 6 minutes during the 24 hour test that they did while we were in the hospital. This broke my heart. The poor girl is hurting all the time. Hopefully the Zantac will help, but if not, at least we have a game plan for what we will try next.

Luke took us to the doctor this morning and before he headed back in to the office he gave his pretty little lady some Eskimo kisses...
I am happy to report that in addition to loving on Madelyn, Luke is fulfilling his promise and Daddy duties by changing *lots of diapers.

*By lots I mean more than the 1 or 2 that I expected from him :)
I have been super anxious to try out my baby wearing sling but also super nervous because of Madelyn's breathing problems. Today we gave it a shot...
It only lasted about 5 minutes while Madelyn was unhooked from her monitor to allow her rash to clear up a little. But it was SO fun. I cannot wait to carry her around like this!

I like to look at this picture and pretend Madelyn had the giggles. When I took this I had been making lots of silly faces at Madelyn...so technically she possibly had the giggles...just minus the giggling part.
Today Madelyn Kate, our pretty little lady, is 4 weeks old!!!
Happy 4 weeks Madelyn! We love you and are so blessed to have you in our lives. As of tomorrow, you will have officially spent more days out of the hospital than in the hospital. That is exciting!

Last night we had some rain around here. A lot of rain in fact. You know what that means. If you don't know what that means I will tell you.

Rain = wet ground.
Wet ground = more water on the bottom floor of our house.
More water on the bottom floor of our house = more time at Grandma & Grandpa's house.

It looks like it will be a few more days before we go home as we wait for the cleaning crew to come back in and dry it out again. For now Madelyn is content getting to spend time with her Grandma and Grandpa. I am pretty sure they are loving getting to spend time with her too.

*Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. We are so glad that Maddie is doing great. Happy 4 week birthday. We love you three. We can't wait till we get to hold her and love on her.
    The gaars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4 weeks Maddie!!!! So glad you are feeling better and I hope that you and mommy and daddy get to go "home" soon although I know you are getting spoiled rotten by your grandparents! :0) - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4 weeks! Still can't wait to come play with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hppy 4 weeks!! isnt the sling awesome...i love mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter