Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our 1st Weekend at Home

I am not the "stay inside all day, never leave the house" kind of girl. I am the "make unnecessary trips just to get out" kind of girl. When I was put on bed rest, I wondered how many hours it would take before I went absolutely crazy. To my surprise it was not as bad as I thought it would be. We have been at home with Madelyn since Tuesday afternoon and the only time I have left the house is when we took her to the doctor on Wednesday. Not once have I even had the urge to leave. I love sitting here all day with our sweet girl. I know eventually I may end up a little stir crazy, but for someone who had not stayed home for an entire day in years before I was put on bed rest...the fact that I have actually enjoyed not going anywhere...has surprised me. I love being at home with Luke and Madelyn.

Madelyn is super excited to finally get to wear some clothes that fit! Thanks Aunt Marlo! I never would have imagined that we would have a child that would need preemie clothes. She is almost too long for them, but they fit much better than all of her newborn clothes!Madelyn slept so good last night. I even started to get worried about her she was sleeping so much. No need to worry though...she just needed her rest. She caught up on the eating once she woke up! I love watching her over the side of her bassinet at night. She is always so peaceful and sweet. This morning at about 2am when I was picking her up (and pretty out of it myself) to feed her, I caught myself trying to swoop up her cords. I guess we did that for so long that when I am out of it, I forget that I don't have to do that anymore. It was sort of sad to me. Not sad that she is cord free...sad that had become the norm for us. I am so thankful we don't have to worry about any of that anymore.

This afternoon she was wide awake for a couple of hours. She sat in her bouncy seat part of the time and stared up at me as we talked. I did most of the talking.
The sleeper outfit she had on was so big on her. When I picked her up out of the bouncy seat, her pants fell off. Completely. Straight down to the floor. I remembered to hold them up every time I moved her after that!

This morning Luke's sister, Kenda, and her boyfriend Michael stopped by to hang out with Madelyn for a little while. I am sure there will be many more weekend trips from Waco for those 2. Who could blame them?Yes. You have counted right. Madelyn has now had on 3 different outfits today (4 if you count the sleeper that she woke up in). No. It is not because I can't help but play dress up. This little girl manages to make a mess of at least 2 outfits a day. I think she just changes a lot like her mom.

*Kathryn

5 comments:

  1. benny.ferguson@sbcglobal.netOctober 10, 2009 at 10:56 PM

    What a blessing that you are all home and enjoying time as a family. What a beautiful little angel you have!! We have been praying after the request came from a friend at church (Gayla Baxter), an awesome prayer warrior on her own. It has been great to be praying with and for your family. Madelyn's little eyes tell us a lot..may your family continue to be blessed...enjoy your time. Benny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing clothes often is in her DNA-ask your mom!
    For many,having kids does enrich our outlook on life and home and what is important for all kids and families to have.
    I am so happy to hear you are having such fun and peace with Madelyn and Luke and family visiting.We are looking forward to seeing her as soon as we can-we so appreciate the pictures and your blog to feel connected in this wonderful journey.Love, Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn,
    Hi! This is Rachelle Sumrall (kim's sister in law). We have been praying for sweet Madelyn and are so happy for your family. Our little girls pray for Madelyn every night...and still do! Doesn't it all change so much...for the better when your baby is in your arms. I love reading your blog, you are a great writer and photographer. We pray for continued great health and blessings for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just too cute! Luke is going to have his hands full for sure! We need to set up a time to come visit you guys soon. I want to hold that little cutie. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful!! I'm so glad she's (and ya'll are) doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter