Monday, October 12, 2009

thankful

I just can't get enough of my awesome husband and our sweet girl. I guess that is why moments like this...with Luke leaning over Madelyn...talking to her...whispering in her ear...even just looking at her in awe...are my favorite moments to photograph (like you couldn't tell from my previous posts!).
I am so thankful these pictures are being taken in our bedroom with Madelyn in her bassinet. That I am not having to take them in a hospital...next to a tiny hospital bed...with Madelyn hooked up to monitors and breathing machines...Every day, I am grateful for how well she is doing. Thankful that we have come so far. I don't want to dwell on the last couple of weeks. Truth is...I am just starting to really process it all. It seems so surreal.

My sister-in-law Marlo made this for Madelyn's room. It's her song, "Healer" by Kari Jobe. She framed it with some of the papers she used to make Madelyn's letters for her room. What a treasure.
Madelyn sure is a blessed little girl. Marlo came to the hospital every day. Most days she stayed all day and worked from the waiting room. Marlo has been around our family since I was 11 years old. She and my brother started dating when I was in the 5th grade. Back when they looked like this...
And I looked like this...I am the one on the left. My brother is in the middle. My sister is on the right. I am sure I drove Marlo crazy back then. Who knows, I still probably do at times. I would just sit and stare and giggle when spoken to like the dorky little 5th grader that I was when they were hanging out at the house. Probably because I thought she was so cool. I guess I still think she is pretty cool, but thankfully I grew out of the staring and giggling thing somewhere between 1997 and now. I am thankful though for her friendship, excitement as Luke and I were expecting, and solid support through all of this. From meals, to prayers, encouragement and just sitting by my side when I really needed it...she has been there. Madelyn is so blessed to have such special aunts in her life. 3 amazing ladies who can't wait to love on her and spoil her (technically they already have started to spoil her).

I guess my brother is pretty spectacular too. So are his ribs...well the ribs that he cooks...
Just in case your mouth was not watering from the full plate shot...here is the close up...
They are amazing. Luke thinks he needs to open a restaurant. I agree. He is one of those guys that can do just about anything though, so it's no surprise to me.

Our family is awesome. All of them. For that, we are thankful.

*Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. Shes looking like se is taking to her new home very well! Shes a lucky ittle girl. im so happy she is doin so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading your blog!! I'm so thankful that all is well with your precious Maddie!! It feels as though I'm getting to know a part of my family that I've never really known. That is a wonderful and crazy thing at the same time. I'm so far away from ALL of my family right now and it's sooooooo hard. I feel so detached from everyone and I'm not sure how to deal with it but I am glad that I'm knowing each of you more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is pretty awesome and I love you all!!! Give Maddy a hug and a smooch from me.
    Love you!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I saw your blog through Kelly's ... your baby girl is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter