Monday, October 26, 2009

Miss October

You may remember my disappointment when we first found out that Maddie would grace us with her presence in September instead of October. If not, go here if you want to be filled in. Despite entertaining the thought of altering her super cute Miss October outfit to read "Missed October", I decided Maddie is still our Miss October! It's her comeback month! The month she pulled out her ventilator...started regular feedings...and so many other firsts for our girl! So today, Maddie and I had a little photo shoot...ok, so we have a photo shoot every day...but today we had a photo shoot in the outfit that I never thought she would get to wear!
And of course I could not decide which one was my favorite.All though I think this one of just her face is absolutely precious.
Oh! And this one with her hair sticking up over her bow (which I know puts me in the category with the moms who stick giant bows on their girl's heads but I couldn't resist) could be my favorite too.
But this one with her little brown pants all scrunched up that makes her look like a little oompa loompa...it is definitely up there in the favorites.
Who needs just one favorite anyway?? I love them all. I love my girl. And I love pictures. So here you have it folks...Miss October. Birth month or not, October will always be a special month as we remember getting to bring our baby home! I have a feeling that Maddie will be our little Miss November, Miss December, Miss January and on and on and on for many years to come!

This morning I talked to Madelyn's doctor's office about going ahead with the next step in treating her reflux. Friday morning around 6:45am she was in my arms when she stopped breathing again after a little gagging/choking episode. I turned her over when she choked and watched for her to take a breath. She didn't and her apnea alarm went off, so I began to stimulate her. That little episode was followed by a weekend of a fussy little one who was obviously hurting pretty bad. The doctor called in the new medication so we are hopeful that this helps! It is so hard to see her hurt. It's even harder not being able to do anything to make it better. Keep praying for her!

Tonight Madelyn had some visitors.
Little Bo Peep...
and her hungry little sheep stopped by after going to a fall festival. How cute are they?? Of course there are no pictures of Little Bo Peep with her sheep. The sheep didn't think that would be very fun!
The sheep did stop eating and hiding from Little Bo Peep long enough to take this picture with her Uncle Luke. She is so cute. So is he.

Well, I am off to rest while Maddie is napping in her daddy's arms. Praying for rest from the reflux for our little one!

*Kathryn

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see pics of her in her Miss October outfit and they are as darling as I imagined. And Little Bo Peep and her sheep are SO CUTE. Those three are going to have so much fun together over the years.

    Hope the new medicine helps with Maddie's reflux, and I'm so proud of you for the way you're handling everything. Sounds like you handled the latest apnea scare like an old pro.

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think she gets more cuter every day! Yall are in trouble..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just plain oh 'Little Miss' is just perfect for her!! I'm sorry for the continued reflux troubles but am confident that ya'll will find the right meds that will work for her! And yes, one of the most frustrating and heart wrenching parts of being a parent is not being able to "fix" them!! It seems like that's going to continue as long as we are on this earth!! Sorry, I know that's not real encouraging!! But you probably have already figured that out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter