Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine

Last night Madelyn enjoyed being surrounded by family. There was no limit on how many family members could be in her presence. It was special just getting to sit around, holding our girl, and spend time together. There was one little girl that could not wait to hold her baby cousin. She walked in the house grinning from ear to ear. Because of the special precautions that have to be taken at the NICU, Emily had not been able to see Madelyn since we left ETMC on September 29th. The day Madelyn was born, Emily was a nervous wreck. She did not want to do anything (eat lunch or get her birthday pedicure) until she laid eyes on her new cousin. I look forward to many nights of cousin sleepovers, watching the girls play together and hand-me-down clothes of course!!
That is one proud Papa! This morning Luke's parents had to head back home, but not before snuggling up with their first grandchild. Even though their trip was much longer than anticipated for reasons that we would never have wished, it has been great getting to spend time with them. I know there will be many more frequent trips from McAllen and we cannot wait.
Gigi has already planned a weekend trip at the end of October!
Last night Madelyn got some good cuddle time in with her Great Granny!

Here are a few pictures of our pretty little lady from this morning...
Good morning sunshine!!
Madelyn looks so tiny in her bouncy seat. Well...she looks tiny in just about everything. Her newborn clothes just fall right off of her!
She has the cutest sneezes. So far she sneezes in 3's just like her mommy.
She is loving life at home. We are loving having her home. Today we head to the doctor after lunch so there will be an update tonight on what the doctor says. We are so thankful for all of your prayers. We believe that Madelyn's journey is one that speaks of the power of prayer in a way that we personally have never experienced before.

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another,
and pray for one another
so that you may be healed.
The effective prayer of a righteous
man can accomplish much.
"
James 5:16


*Kathryn

11 comments:

  1. That little grin is ADORABLE! So glad all is going well.

    I also loved the picture of the 3 of you napping. How sweet. Reminds me of you when you were a baby.

    Hope all of you have a wonderful day!

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little baby! I will continue to pray and read about Maddie's progress as long as you are writing! May God send years of blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is meeeeelllllting! Those are the cutest pictures ever:) So happy you are all home and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she is just so beautiful!! I am so glad everyone is adjusting great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a post about your family on facebook! What an amazing story!! I pray for your family and sweet baby girl daily!! I'm so glad your little blessing is home!! GOD IS GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just beautiful! I think she looks so much like you in the picture with the little grin! So glad ya'll are home with a healthy, happy baby! Our God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mommy takes GREAT portraits and I bet it's easy with such a BEAUTIFUL lil' model! I'm so excited that you guys are home and doing well! I told my mom about the lady in NY that got saved b/c of Madelyn and, like me, she cried! It's so amazing to see what the Lord has done already through your amazing baby girl and her faithful family and friends!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie pie!!! Those are great shots Kathryn! That is the sweetest looking testimony of His faithfulness I have ever seen : )
    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baby is beautiful! I love your story. I have been checking on baby Maddie everyday since Courtney posted it on facebook. I am so glad she got to come home and is doing well. Enjoy every minute with her, they grow so fast!
    ~Stacie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter