Tuesday, October 27, 2009

{something to smile about}

Last night Madelyn had an AWESOME night! She even slept in her swing for over an hour. After that she slept in my arms for 2 hours in between feedings. She did not appear to have too many problems with her reflux. We both enjoyed some much needed rest. Today was just as great for her! Despite a few episodes of reflux that left her a little fussy, she was happy and wide eyed when she was awake.

She even did something super special that made mommy's heart melt today...she smiled. It wasn't in that "I am leaving you a present in my diaper sort of way" either. We were talking and I was making goofy faces and talking in that silly way that babies make all the adults around them talk, and then there it was. And then I talked some more, and there it was again.
This afternoon we took a much needed walk. It was much needed for many reasons. The main reason...I needed some sunshine after all this rain we have been having. I am so thankful that Madelyn enjoys our walks! I am going to take advantage of the sunshine again tomorrow before more rain heads our way on Thursday.

Speaking of rain...tonight we loaded up 2 cars with ALL of our* belongings and headed home. This morning when Luke checked on the house, it was just a little damp and did not smell at all. Unfortunately, by the time we got there and unloaded 2 cars full of ALL of our* stuff, more water had seeped in and the smell was starting to come back. Considering the forecast calls for 2-4 inches of rain** on Thursday and there was more water than Luke could suck up with the shop vac and stay ahead of, we loaded up our 2 cars full of ALL our* stuff and headed back to my parents house.

Our* Let me clarify, it's mainly all of Madelyn's stuff. If it was just Luke and I, we might have 2 bags. Instead, we have a full size swing, bassinet, stroller, car seat, bathing incline, a basket of clothes, diaper bag, box of diapers and all the other essentials for our little bundle of joy. It amazes me that a little person of less than 8 pounds could require SO much stuff. But I love every minute of it!

Rain** I am beginning to wonder if Grandma & Grandpa are secretly conducting rain dances at night so that they get to keep their newest granddaughter under their roof a little bit longer! Mom and Dad...if this is happens to be the case...STOP...we promise to come hang out with you often...after all we have gotten used to hot meals & satellite TV...oh and your company of course :)
Now we are pooped. Time for bed. Praying for another night of rest from reflux for this little one.

We are truly blessed beyond measure!!!

*Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. doesnt their little smiles make every imperfection in life disappear. i am amazed that God can create babies so perfect and pure that when you look at them you cant help but forget the bad things in this world!sorry to hear you had to pack up again, bet the grandparents are eatting this rain up..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first smiles are great. I remember a friend who is a doctor telling me how important smiles are for babies because they generate so many good reactions from others, so you are willing to go WITHOUT SLEEP for days, etc., just to take care of that cute little baby who obviously loves you enough to smile at you. So in addition to being such a cuties, she is obviously brilliant to boot.

    Hope you get a break from the rain soon. I laughed when I read that most of the stuff you were moving back and forth belonged to Maddie. I can remember all of the HUGE bags you used to bring to OKC :) I guess a car can only hold so much. But I know it's frustrating trying to live out of a suitcase, even if you're just across town. Whatever you need is the one thing you left at home!

    Hope you have another great day!

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter