Friday, October 9, 2009

uneventful

Today has been rather uneventful around our house. It seems so strange to go from the constant chaos and on the go that we experienced the first 2 weeks to just enjoying life together at a rather slow pace. Luke and I have both felt like we should be "doing something". Trust me...there is plenty "to do" around our house. We have about 15 different bags throughout the house because as each day went by we sent someone back to the house for more clothes...more toothpaste...all the necessities that we only packed a couple of days worth of. Then we realize what we should be "doing" is enjoying our little girl. My day has consisted of feeding Madelyn, watching her nap, napping together and giving her a bath. It has been such a great day.
Luke has enjoyed napping with Madelyn today too. They looked so peaceful laying together on the couch.As I was taking pictures of how peaceful they looked, Madelyn decided to handle some business of her own. Needless to say she can be rather loud about her business. Luke and I pretty much laugh hysterically every time this happens.We have hung out in the living room all day, watching the winter-like weather through the patio doors. I love cold weather. I love it because it means my favorite holidays are just around the corner. Do you think it is too early to decorate for Christmas?? I have been thinking about it since August. I have permission from Luke to start decorating on November 1st...Madelyn and I will have so much fun! In the spirit of cold weather (that I am sure will be gone and back up to 90 degrees soon enough) Luke went to get us hot chocolate from Starbucks! So tasty! Madelyn was jealous. She told me so. These are her jealous eyes.
My mom has been staying with us at night since we came home from the hospital. She is awesome. Aside from being there at 2am when the little one thinks it's play time, she has helped out with so much! Catching up on laundry, getting dinner ready, loving on Madelyn (which is her favorite duty of all) and tonight she made pumpkin bread! It is amazing. Hopefully Madelyn likes pumpkin bread because although I have already had one piece...the only thing keeping me from eating more already is this blog. Madelyn sure does love having her Grandma around. She wrapped her up to keep her warm after her bath and of course it made for the perfect photo op.While Madelyn was resting, Luke was telling her about how much Jesus loves her. I would have never imagined how fun it would be to watch a dad dote over his daughter the way Luke dotes over Madelyn. Such a picture of how much our heavenly father dotes over his children.
*Kathryn

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I love the pictures of Luke & his baby girl. New daddies & their babies make for the sweetest pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for uneventful days! Madelyn is SO beautiful. Really. I love the picture of her smiling! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Madelyn looks so itty bitty in her bouncy seat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love,love, love it!!! God is so good!

    I have also been fighting the urge to decorate for Christmas--can't wait to shop for annual ornaments.

    Thanks for updating so regularly and allowing us to share your joy in that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter