Friday, October 30, 2009

{Boo}

Truth be told, there is nothing scary about this little Halloween-goer. I realized today that Madelyn had a couple of outfits for Halloween and considering that tomorrow is the big day, we needed to put one on today (at least long enough for me to snap a few pictures). Have you ever seen a cuter pink leopard? Here she is all dressed up and nowhere to go...
I have never just loved Halloween. For me, it's just been the day before the day that I usually start counting down to Christmas! I have however decided that it will be a lot more fun now that we are a family of 3! Luke and I have already planned family costumes for next year. I am not good at keeping surprises, but this will be so worth it :)My mom and I found this at Wal-Mart before she was born for $8! We weren't exactly sure how (or if) it would fit her, but for $8 it was worth a shot! I am so glad we did. I love it.
Last night I had a dream that we took Madelyn to the fall festival at our church. Luke was dressed up as a fireman, I was an emergency dispatcher and Madelyn (with her LOUD apnea monitor in tow) was the fire alarm. I woke up laughing as her apnea monitor was giving off a false alarm thinking about how she would make a good fire alarm with how loud this little thing is when it goes off. However, I think she makes a much cuter leopard and pumpkin...Our little pumpkin had a rough night last night, but slept it off this morning and had a really good day. I guess for now that is just how it is going to be until we figure out which medications work best for her! It is so awesome to know that when I am completely exhausted and can't keep my eyes open any more, I have an awesome husband who will hold Madelyn at 3 am and love on her so I can get some sleep. Luke is amazing. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, Godly man in my life.

Tonight Luke and I went on a date thanks to my mom who watched Madelyn. It started at 6:15pm. We printed pictures at CVS. After that we spent 45 minutes in Target! I love Target! Of course we spent most of the time in the baby section and bought Madelyn some really cute dresses, sleepers (like she really needs anymore clothes) and her very first Christmas dress. I love Christmas. After Target we ordered some to go dinner and headed home. We were at home by 7:45pm. I know. We are wild and crazy. Hey...this is the first time I have even been out on a Friday night since I was put on bed rest in early August. It was strange leaving Madelyn and I almost tripped on the sidewalk running to the front door once we got home trying to get to the little cutie, but it was great to hang out with Luke ((and getting to go to Target!!!)).

This weekend is going to be fun! Madelyn's Gigi is coming in for a visit to love on her little grandbaby. Our church is welcoming a new pastor. AND Sunday is November 1st!! Luke and I made a deal that I could start decorating for Christmas the first of November this year since it will take a little longer for me to get everything done with the munchkin around. Granted, we have not been able to go home yet from the flooding so I won't be decorating on Sunday, but just knowing that I could if I were there excites me!! Ha!

Off to get some rest for all the fun we will be having this weekend!

*Kathryn

6 comments:

  1. I am one of those who LOVES Halloween, even though I went into labor after taking Matt trick or treating 24 years ago (and eating half of his candy, figuring who would be able to tell with the size I already was). Since Ryan was supposed to be born before Halloween, we even had a baby ninja costume (a onesie, with a bandana around his forehead and around his waist) to match Matt's more elaborate ninja costume. We put it on a cabbage patch doll when Ryan decided to wait to be born until Nov. 1. So I am delighted to see Maddie in her Halloween costumes!

    Date night sounds great, and certainly well deserved!

    Have a great Halloween and fun with Gigi.

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest leopard ever! And, hooray for date night, especially at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest little leopard I have ever seen! You will find how excited ya will be to go to places like Target and Walmart now that your a mommy :0)! I hope your little one starts feeling better soon! Will be praying for your family!
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little one is adorable! I love her name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post - christmas door decorating contest pictures ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    christmas door decorating contest pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter