Thursday, October 29, 2009

5 Weeks

This morning (which followed a wonderful night of feedings and sleeping-praise the Lord) Madelyn spent over an hour in her swing (again-praise the Lord). This was the first time I saw her looking up at the mobile...
This afternoon after more feedings and sleeping, Madelyn and I had our daily photo shoot! It went much better than yesterday!It's so fun to see her in the onesies that I made for her. I love it! At 5 weeks of age, Madelyn is finally starting to fill out her newborn clothes. Those little brown pants are rolled up 3 times! As of our last doctor's appointment, Madelyn was in the 3rd-5th percentile range. I have a feeling that at her 2 month check up she will be closer to the 50 percentile range...at least that's what I am hoping!I am sure that when I took this picture Madelyn was thinking, "Easy on the flashes, momarazzi!"
Gosh! She is just so darn cute! It feels so good that she feels good. I know there will be bad days. I am just thankful that after the bad ones...God always gives us a good one.
After about an hour in the swing followed by 45 minutes of a 5 week photo shoot Madelyn got all tuckered out. That means our little one was only held for 22 hours and 15 minutes today. Movin' on up!Good thing is...we love to hold this 5 week old beauty as much as she loves to be held!

After my whining and frustration venting yesterday, I felt terrible. I felt like I didn't deserve to whine. I felt like I didn't deserve to be frustrated. There are so many people going through so much worse. How did I deserve to complain after how far we have come? Then last night I was catching up on a friend's blog and read this post that she wrote when we were in the hospital with Madelyn (click the word post to read what I am referring to). Stacy was talking about how our God is so big that even as He is giving breath and life to those who are unable to breath on their own, He cares about our frustrations...no matter how much they may pale in comparison. He cares about how hard it is for me to watch Madelyn struggle and hurt. He cares.

How thankful I am that we serve a God that is so BIG that He cares about my frustrations that in the grand scheme of things seem so small.

Happy 5 Weeks Sunshine!

*Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean--we all have so much to be grateful for and there's always somebody worse off than we are. Even at our hardest times, we can be thankful that we have the Comforter to see us through and that He DOES care about our frustrations. But it is also okay to admit when things are hard--it encourages your friends to pray harder for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter